Sam Bridges is the main protagonist of Death Stranding.
Death Stranding Edit
Sam possesses, like the Unnamed Woman 01, an unknown factor called DOOMS, specifically the extinction factor, wich probably gave him some mysterious “unique” abilities. The first one is the ablity to "sense" the Mysterious Entities, manifesting itself as a form of rash on his skin; the second one occur when he die: he can wander outside his body in a sort of "upside-down world", where he can freely navigate and than return in his body, transported back to the world of the living. When Sam is "eat" by one of the Mysterious Entities, it will trigger a "voidout", causing a crater in the area that will remain even when he return in the world.
Contrarily to the Unnamed Woman 01, he can't see the Mysterious Entities but thanks to the baby pod he can see them through the fout-point shoulder-mounted robotic device.
Behind the Scenes Edit
Sam likeness, voice, motion capture, and even the tatoo on his right inner bicep, was provided by American actor Norman Reedus. During TGS 2018 stage was revealed Kenjiro Tsuda as the Japanese voice of Sam.
Promotional Images Edit
- ^ Death Stranding - E3 2018 4K Trailer | PS4
- ^ Death Stranding E3 Teaser Trailer, Kojima Productions (2018). Unnamed Woman 01: So you have DOOMS like me. What's your level? Sam: I've got the extintion factor, but I thing you got me beat.
- ^ Death Stranding E3 Teaser Trailer, Kojima Productions (2018). Unnamed Woman 01: You can see them right? Sam: No. But I can sense 'em.
- ^ Kojima Explains Death Stranding Gameplay and Lore
- ^ Death Stranding E3 Teaser Trailer, Kojima Productions (2018). Unnamed Man (radio): Sam, if one of those thing eats you, it will trigger a voidout. You'll come back, sure, but the surrounding area will still be a crater.
- ^ Hideo Kojima's New Game, Death Stranding, Already Has Conspiracy Theories
- ^ Death Stranding — Here Are All the New Details Shared by Hideo Kojima and by the Japanese Cast [UPDATED]